Colts score late, win 3-2

Friday night at the Hershey Centre saw a Central Division matchup against the first place Barrie Colts and the hometown Mississauga Steelheads. The Colts were off to a quick start at 4:23 when Justin Murray snuck one past goaltender Jacob Ingham to give the Colts a 1-0 lead, assists to Ben Hawerchuck and Zachary Magwood. Shortly after Zachary Magwood capitalized to extend the Colts lead 2-0, assists to Ben Hawerchuck and T.J. Fergus. Halfway through the first frame Colts forward Andrei Svechnikov got sent to the box for a slashing minor. Mikey McLeod wasted no time on the power play giving the Steelheads some life and cut the lead to 2-1, assists to Owen Tippett and Albert Michnac. Shots on goal 10-9 in favor of the Steelheads.

The second period was uneventful as there was a lot of back and forth, but neither team was able to stand out. The second frame saw both teams’ special teams on the ice as there were a handful of penalties starting at 4:46 with Colts forward Tyler Tucker who received a high-sticking minor. At 11:58 Tyler Tucker went back to the box for another two minutes but for interference. At 13:34 Steelheads defender Jacob Moverare received an interference penalty. Shots on goal 10-15 in favor of the Steelheads.

Hopeful for a goal to get back into the game the Steelheads started off the period strong, however at 3:06, Jacob Ingham received a two-minute tripping minor which was served by Albert Michnac, the Steelheads were able to keep the Colts off the board. At 6:11 Curtis Douglas gave the Steelheads a power play opportunity however they were unable to capitalize. At 9:13 Tyler Tucker received a tripping minor and Steelheads defender Thomas Harley wasted no time as he ripped one past Kai Edmonds for his first OHL goal tying the game at 2, Merrick Rippon and Albert Michnac received the assists. The parade to the penalty box continued as Tyler Tucker received a two-minute tripping minor at 14:26, Steelheads were unable to capitalize. At 17:24 Jason Willms gave the Colts the lead which ended the game, assist to Zachary Magwood. Final shots on goal 34-30 in favor of the Steelheads.

The Steelheads will be back in action Sunday, December 10th at 2:00 PM against the Hamilton Bulldogs

More News
Misa Commits to Steelheads
1 week ago
Steelheads Add 2 Prospects in U18 Draft
2 weeks ago
2021 Steelheads Draft Recap
3 weeks ago
Steelheads Draft Preview - 2021 OHL Priority Selection Presented by Real Canadian Superstore
3 weeks ago
Sara's Story
3 weeks ago
OHL Announces Key Dates for 2021-22 Season
1 month ago