MISSISSAUGA, ON – On Friday March 13th, the Mississauga Steelheads host the Niagara IceDogs in the club’s 2nd Annual New School Night in support of Trillium Health Partners. The hockey club will be welcoming in the next-generation of hockey fans as seven lucky kids will get a behind the scenes look at the inner workings of the hockey team.
With a successful New School Night last season, the hockey club has partnered with Trillium Health Partners and added some unique elements to make the game even more memorable. Steelheads players will be wearing specialty jerseys designed by a child from the paediatric unit at THP. The team will also be extending tickets to patients and their families.
“We are so excited to partner with the Mississauga Steelheads and Niagara IceDogs this year for the 2nd annual New School Night” says Debra Carson, VP, Patient Care Services, Trillium Health Partners. “We are so thankful that our paediatric patients and their families are given the opportunity to be a part of this amazing initiative and we look forward to working together in the future.”
Once again, there will be SEVEN positions available for the next wave of kids to take on during New-School Night:
- Warm-Up Coach: Look your best because you will be standing with the Steelheads coaches on the bench for pre-game warm-up and make sure players are ready for puck drop!
- PA Announcer: Your voice will be heard around the arena as you announce goals, penalties and more!
- DJ/Goal Horn Operator: Do you have a passion for music? Do you enjoy entertaining people with some great tunes? Sign up to be our DJ and Goal Horn Operator!
- Social Media Side-Kick: Do you like what you see on our Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and TikTok? Become our Social Media Side-Kick for the day and help us connect with our fans!
- Junior Reporter: Are you the next great hockey reporter? Help us keep our fans updated with a pre-game and post-game hit about all the Steelheads news!
- Junior In-Game Host: Do you like being in front of a camera? Join our In-Game host to help with all of our game-day contests!
- Junior Radio Announcer: Do you have the next best hockey voice? Help our radio team call the game with in-game reports during play and give us your thoughts at the intermission!
To sign-up and be part of the next wave, fill out the form HERE!
This year’s New School Night also marks the last Winning Night during the 2019-20 campaign. If the Steelheads secure 2 points on March 13th, fans in attendance will have an opportunity to redeem their ticket for a free ticket to the club’s game against the Barrie Colts on March 20th. Additionally, the Family Pack is available for purchase with 4 tickets, 4 drinks, 4 bags of popcorn and 4 programs for an unbeatable price of $67.
To secure your seats and support Trillium Health Partners, follow this link: www.trilliumgiving.ca/steelheads
If you are interested in learning more about Trillium Health Partners please visit https://trilliumgiving.ca/
Join us on Friday, March 13th to see the New-School of Hockey Fans take over…again!